Headphones and laptops

I have been blogging a lot lately, but I have found a lot of things I want to write down. So...

My Macbook is an amazing computer. I do have a problem with it, however. I have a pair of JVC Gummy Plus headphones. I really like them. They are comfortable, block a decent amount of outside noise, and have a mic for phone calls.

The problem with them is that they pick up some noise from my laptop. It was so bad I couldn't stand it. All I could hear was this noise. (Yes, changed the output settings from 16-bit to 24-bit.) I had to do something. I tried Bluetooth headsets, which should filter out any noise from the computer since it is receiving a digital signal. Problem is most of the ones I tried (and could afford) had noise of their own.

I tried my headphones on the display model of my laptop at the school book store and same thing. I was really getting frustrated. I used these same headphones on my smart phone (Nexus 4) and had no problems.

So I tried my wife's Soul brand headphones. No noise! I realized it was the headphones that were picking something up. I was excited. I tried all of my other headphones, including a set of JVC Marshmallows. No noise. The ones I finally settled on (because they have a mic vs. the Marshmallows and fit better in my ear) were the headphones that came with my previous phone (Nexus S 4G). They have no noise. I am really happy.

I still think there is something Apple could have done to mitigate this problem, but I have it fixed enough for me to be happy.

Comments

Popular Posts