Google Tasks on the Mac



I have always loved Google Tasks (I love most Google services, to be honest). Followers of my blog will know that I used to use a Palm device to organize my life. I loved all of the main PIM (Personal Information Management) features of the Palm. They were the standard of their day. When I got my first smartphone I went about trying to replicate those features.

Google Tasks works very much like the Palm Tasks app I was used too. Only problem is that it does not have an official app on any platform. I like Gtasks on Android, but I couldn't find a good one for my Mac or Windows computers.

On the Mac side I just found Fluid. It will turn any webpage into an app that you can run as if it were a program. In reality it is just opening a small web browser window without the rest of the user interface so it still needs internet connectivity to work, but it is very clever. I found instructions on creating a Google Tasks app using Fluid by reading this article. Basically, download Fluid (I am using the free version), and create a new app using https://mail.google.com/tasks/ig as the URL. I used an icon from a collection on Flickr called Fluid Icons designed for this purpose.


After that you now have a Google Tasks app for you Mac. I have been much happier with this than the lame apps from the Mac App Store that are available.

Comments

Popular Posts