Cheap unlimited Internet access

I recently found a cell phone plan that offers unlimited data in the United States for $5 a month. While it is not fast (at all) it is unlimited. 

I wish I had found this a few years ago when I was working for Apple. In order to access Apple services on a phone I had to be using an iPhone (obviously) but being and Android user I couldn't just switch over. So I purchased an iPhone and would tether it to my Android to check email and messages. 

If I had known about this plan I would have at least been able to get messages and emails without having to keep my phones connected.

It is by a company called RedPocket. I don't know much about them, but they claim that they have access to three of the largest mobile networks in the United States. 

For $5 a month (paid annually) you get 500 MB of data and unlimited voice and text. Pretty good setup if you ask me. 

I may set up an old phone with one of these plans then tether it to my home network as a very slow backup for when (not if) my home Internet goes out. Hopefully this will be enough do some very basic things.

Check out the link below for more information about their $5 plan.

https://www.redpocket.com/plans/gsma/E50MRP

Comments

Popular Posts