Google Chrome and Java

I love the Chrome web browser. All of my bookmarks, history, and even open tabs are synced across all of my devices. Lately though I have had some trouble with the Java plugin in Chrome. I looked at forums, uninstalled and re-installed Java, even uninstalled and re-installed Chrome (all my stuff is backed up anyway, why not?) I discovered that the backup of data includes the extensions you had installed as well, so that was nice.

Anyway, As I was re-installing Chrome, I remembered hearing that Java allowed you to disable web browser access to Java in Java itself. While this is great security, Chrome doesn't allow Java to run without my permission anyway so not that important to me.

I decided to check the setting anyway, and found it was disabled. No matter what I did, Java wouldn't let Chrome talk to it at all. Well, found the problem and discovered that Chrome is even more convenient than I knew. So if you are having trouble with Java in Chrome, check the Java panel in the Windows Control Panel. It may be disabled and you didn't know it.

Comments

Popular Posts