Google Voice Typing

So I think I have talked about this feature before, but with the changes they have made to it in Ice Cream Sandwich I think it deserves to be discussed again. I have been using Voice Typing to communicate via text message (in truth Facebook Instant Messenger, but same difference) for a while now and I love it. I used Thumb Keyboard 4 before and still love it on my tablet, but now I have switched back to the default Android keyboard on my phone because the mic button opens the Voice Typing keyboard so that it transcribes as I talk instead of only small chunks. I love it! I rarely have to modify what it types. Just one more key to why I love Android. (I know Siri can do the same thing, but it isn't available on anything but the latest hardware and if I had bought an iPhone it would be the 4 and not have the feature.)


Comments

Unknown said…
The important thing about Google's voice typing feature is that very few people know about it and the people who are aware about this voice typing feature they are also not using it or may be they do not know how to use this feature.

Popular Posts